Sunday, October 17, 2010

Many Changes; 2 new powers and more

I have added 2 powers Claws and Bite. While Red Ash Species can have both they can not be used in combat to any effect unless these power are purchased. Unlike many other powers these two are more restrictive in that you can only buy 1 of 4 categories for you species size.
These categories are divided into small, ideal, large and huge. Each category is slightly more expensive than the smaller one and larger creatures have a bigger difference of damage between them and there are some negatives for having large versions.
If I was not clear enough on how the omnivores teeth work it is half of the listed value of both the carnivores and herbivores damages, round off.

Also I have change from the feed burner RSS reader to a custom one made by magpieRSS. magpie is a very well designed PHP script that free to down load and well worth it too. I was able to take the results from magpieRSS and turn the content into the text rotation script you see here. While I could have easily placed some pause logic so people can read the full post in-site, I decided not to as the link will open the Red Ash Blogger page.

Now I am off to continue work on Red Ash and add new non-playable species as list in the forums.

All the Best,
Chris J.

No comments:

Post a Comment